At its July 9 meeting, Community Board 7’s Transportation Committee considered applications for sidewalks cafes. Here’s the agenda:
1. West 61st Street (Broadway-Columbus Avenue.) Request by Avalon Bay for a 70’5” by 10’ 7” loading zone on
the north side of West 61st Street to accommodate deliveries for the new Target store at 1865 Broadway.
2. Dangerous traffic conditions at Riverside Drive and 79th Street.
3. Newsstand, SEC Broadway & West 85th Street. New application to the Department of Consumer Affairs by Madiha Shahid to construct and operate a newsstand on the Southeast Corner of Broadway and West 85th Street.
Business & Consumer Issues Committee, Linda Alexander and Christian Cordova, Co-Chairpersons
Wednesday, July 10, 7:00 PM
New application to the SLA for a two-year liquor license:
1. 2012-2014 Broadway (West 69th Street.) SDS Dining Corp.,d/b/a To be Determined.
Method of Operation Change to Existing License:
2. 425 Amsterdam Avenue (West 80th Street.) Frank Mac’s Place LLC, d/b/a Frank Mac’s. Application to add Live Music, Acoustic Music – Guitar Etc.
New Unenclosed Sidewalk Cafes:
3. 377 Amsterdam Avenue (West 78th Street.) New application #6720-2019-ASWC to the Department of Consumer Affairs by Tacos “Los Vaqueros”, LLC, d/b/a Tacombi, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 14 tables and 32 seats.
4. 718 Amsterdam Avenue (West 95th Street.) New application #4823-2019-ASWC to the Department of Consumer Affairs by Cabrera Argudo Corp., d/b/a Rancho Taquileria, for a four-year consent to operate an unenclosed sidewalk café with 22 tables and 44 seats.
Personnel Committee, Roberta Semer, Chair
Thursday, July 11, 4:00 PM
The committee will consider entering into executive session.
Land Use Committee, Page Cowley and Seema Reddy, Co-Chairpersons
Land use will not meet in July.
Youth, Education and Libraries Committee, Blanche Lawton and Steven Brown, Co-Chairpersons
YEL will not meet in July.
Parks & Environment Committee, Ken Coughlin and Jennifer Markas, Co-Chairpersons
Monday, July 15, 7:00PM
1. Update on and discussion of the new mandatory route for cyclists in Riverside Park, including safety concerns. Joint with Transportation Committee.
2. Presentation by committee member Jennifer Nitzky on new trends in playground design.
3. Update on committee discussions.
Health & Human Services Committee, Catherine DeLazzero and Sheldon Fine, Co-Chairpersons
HHS will not meet in July.